Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thought of the Day

I don't know what the Arab summit in Riyadh, starting tomorrow, will do. I know what it will not do.
The Arab heads of state, of whom 18 will be attending, will not amend the Arab initiative.
They will not endorse normalization of relations with Israel until after an Israeli-Palestinian settlement.
Consequently, there will be no Arab summit with Israel.
There will be no one-on-one meeting between Israeli and Saudi officials, but low level Saudi officials may attend meetings of officials from many countries, including Americans.
King Abdullah Ben Abdel Aziz will not visit Israel, not this year, not next year, not any year. If he does, I will be ready to call it a day and quit this business. I want the readers of this blog to hold me responsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home